PRINCE EDWARD ISLAND BUSINESS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMS (PNP)
Applicants may be eligible for a nomination for permanent residency through the Work Permit Stream of the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP). This stream is for foreign nationals with business ownership or extensive management experience who would like to move to PEI to start their business, and eventually become permanent residents.
Find your eligibility
1. Business Permit Stream
To be eligible for nomination through the Work Permit Stream, applicants must fulfil all of the following conditions:
- Have a minimum verifiable personal net worth of CD$600,000 which has been accumulated through legal and legitimate sources by the applicant himself/herself.
- Have a minimum education of secondary school equivalent.
- Must be between 21-59 years of age at the time of application.
- Have transferable management skills and past employment or business ownership experience.
- Meet minimum language requirements equivalent to a CLB/NCLC level 4 (IELTS – R-3.5, W-4.0, L-4.5, S-4.0).
- Intend to live and work in PEI while providing day-to-day active and on-going management of the PEI-based company.
- Attend an interview with staff from the Office of Immigration.
- Meet the terms and conditions of the Performance Agreement signed with the Office of Immigration.
There is no fee to file the Consent to Pursue Investment Immigration in PEI.
Private loans, inherited and gifted assets, private loans and/or gifts cannot be included to meet the net worth requirement. Inherited assets will be considered with a copy of a death certificate and will. Automobiles and gifts cannot be included while calculating the total net worth.