MANITOBA BUSINESS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMS (PNP)
Find your eligibility
1. Entrepreneur Pathway
This category is for applicants seeking to open a business in Manitoba
- Applicants must have net assets of CD$500,000 and must disclose all their assets.
- Applicant must have a minimum of:
(a) More than three years of experience as an active business owner-manager with 33.33% ownership OR
(b) More than three years of experience as a senior manager in last 5 years.
- Applicant must be legally admitted in the country from where he/she is applying.
- Applicant’s English language proficiency must be at least CLB level 5 (IELTS: R-4.0, W-5.0, L-5.0, S-5.0).
- Applicant must have a minimum education equivalent to a Canadian High School Certificate or more.
- There is no minimum age requirement but preferred age is between 25 to 49 years.
- Applicant must make an investment of CD$250,000 in the Manitoba capital region or CD$150,000 outside Manitoba Capital region.
- Business must create one full time job.
- Criteria such as spouse’s IELTS score, a dependent child, applicant’s educational qualifications and work experience or having a relative in Manitoba are allocated additional points.
- Applicant must make a business exploratory trip to Manitoba for 5 days minimum and must prepare an extensive business plan based on extensive business research.
2. Farm Investor Pathway
This program is focused on attracting businesspersons from around the world to establish businesses in the regional communities or rural areas of British Columbia.
- The applicant must be nominated by a regional community.
- The applicant must have net assets of at least CD$300,000.
- The applicant must make an investment of CD$100,000 in the community that has nominated the applicant.
- The applicant must be actively involved in the business and spend 75% of his/her time in BC.
- The applicant must have a business experience of at least 3 years as a business owner or 4 years of experience as a senior manager.
- The applicant must have post-secondary education from a licensed post-secondary institute or have experience as an active business owner with 100% ownership in the business.
- Language requirement – Applicants must have a score of CLB 4 (IELTS – L-4.5, R-3.5, W- 4.0, S-4.0) before being nominated by the British Columbia government