NOVA SCOTIA BUSINESS IMMIGRATION PROGRAMS (PNP)
The BC Entrepreneur Immigration Stream is for experienced entrepreneurs who are ready to invest in and actively manage a business in BC.
Find your eligibility
1. Entrepreneur Stream:
The Entrepreneur Stream is for experienced business owners or senior business managers who want to live in Nova Scotia. They must start a new business or buy an existing business and must actively participate in the day-to-day management of the business. After operating the business for a year, the entrepreneur may be nominated for permanent resident status. Application to the stream is by invitation only.
- Applicants must be over 21 years of age or older.
- Applicants must live permanently in Nova Scotiawhile owning and actively managing a business in Nova Scotia.
- Applicants must have a net worth of at least CD$600,000.
- Applicants must invest at least CD$150,000 of their own money to establish a business in Nova Scotia.
- Applicants must have 3 years’ of experience in actively managing and owning a business (1/3rd ownership minimum) OR
- Have more than 5 years’ of experience in a senior business management role.
- Applicants must have a minimum CLB level of 5 (IELTS – R-4.0, W-5.0, L-5.0, S-5.0) in English level proficiency.
- The applicants must operate a business in Nova Scotiaon a Work Permit (WP) for at least one continuous year before being nominated for permanent resident status in Canada.
Find your eligibility
2. International Graduate Entrepreneur Category
The International Graduate Entrepreneur Stream is for recent graduates of a Nova Scotia university or Nova Scotia Community College. Applicants wishing to apply under this stream must have already started or bought a Nova Scotia business and operated it for at least a year before applying. Applicants must also have the desire to settle in Nova Scotia as permanent residents. Application to the stream is by invitation only.
- Applicants must want to live permanently in Nova Scotia while owning and actively managing a business in Nova Scotia.
- Applicants must have at least one year of continuous work experience of actively managing and owning the business in Nova Scotia.
- Applicants must have minimum 33.33% ownership in the business.
- Applicants must have completed a degree or diploma after at least 2 academic years of full-time, in-person study at a university in Nova Scotiaor the Nova ScotiaCommunity College.
- Applicants must have a valid post-graduation work permit.
- Applicants must have a score of at least CLB level 7 (IELTS – R-6.0, W-6.0, L-6.0, S-6.0) in English.
If an applicant meets the minimum criteria, he/she will receive an Invitation to Apply from the Nova Scotia Office of Immigration.