VANUATU CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT PROGRAM
The Vanuatu Citizenship by Investment program, popularly known as the Development Support Program (DSP), was launched in January 2017 by the government to attract high quality high net worth individuals who would invest in Vanuatu. Their contributions would also be used to support the development of the island nation.
Investors can apply for citizenship of Vanuatu only through an officially appointed DSP Representative. The program is open for investors of all nationalities.
- Be over 18 years of age
- Have no criminal record
- Possess sufficient funds to participate in the program
- The funds must come from a legal source
- Have a minimum bank balance of $250,000 US
Pass the due diligence requirements
There is only one investment option. To apply for citizenship under DSP, an investor must make a contribution to the National Development Fund. In addition to this, an investor must pay government fees, due diligence fees and state fees.
The contribution amount can vary from $130,000 for a single applicant (only the investor) to $175,000 US for a family of four (investor, spouse and two children). Additional qualifying family members can be added to the application at an additional cost of $25,000 each.
In addition to this, an investor is required to pay a non-refundable $5000 due diligence fee (same fee for one family irrespective of number and age of family members). The application process is divided into two parts – the first part is the pre-approval phase and the second part is the approval phase. The $5000 fee has to be paid at the pre-approval phase.
Besides the contribution to the National Development Fund and the due diligence fees, applicants also have to bear the costs of attending the mandatory Citizenship Ceremony that is arranged by the Vanuatu government at one of the regular locations such as Bangkok, Hong Kong, Dubai or London.
- Low investment amount as compared to other RCI programs
- One of the fastest RCI programs in the world – Citizenship can be obtained within 1-2 months
- No education or language requirement
- Vanuatu passport allows visa free travel to 130 countries around the world including Schengen countries, the UK, Hong Kong and Singapore
- Longest passport validity of any country – Passport issued with a validity of 10 years
- Investors can apply for a 10-year visa to USA and an e-visa to Australia
- Investor’s and spouse’s parents over the age of 50 years and dependent children up to the age of 25 years can be included in the same application
- Vanuatu passport allows investors to open a bank account in Europe. This increases ease of depositing money, obtaining loans and carrying out simple transactions
- No taxes on income, wealth, inheritance, capital gains or export of capital
- International Business Companies (IBCs) registered in Vanuatu are not required to pay taxes for 20 years. They only have to pay an annual fee of $300
- No requirement to visit the country. Investor can obtain passport and take oath at the nearest Vanuatu consulate office.