Find your eligibility
1. Base Category Program:
- The applicants must have their own net assets of CD$600,000 and must disclose all their assets. Inherited property cannot be included.
- Applicant must be legally admitted in the country from where he/she is applying.
- Applicant must have a minimum of –
(a) More than three years of experience as an active business owner-manager OR (b) More than four years of experience as a senior manager OR (c) A combination of at least one year of experience as an active business owner-manager and at least two years of experience as a senior manager.
- Applicant must have post-secondary education or business experience of running and managing a business in which the applicant, his/her spouse and/or children have 100% ownership.
- Applicant must demonstrate that he/she will own at least one-third (33.3%) of the business in BC If the proposed ownership is less than 33.3%, applicant must invest a minimum of CD$1million in an equity purchase.
- Applicant must make an investment of CD$200,000 and more within 20 months of arrival in Canada.
- Must create one full time job.
- More than one foreign investor can become a co-investor and start a business in BC.
- Language requirement – Applicants must have a score of CLB 4 (IELTS – L-4.5, R-3.5, W- 4.0, S-4.0) before being nominated by the British Columbia government.
2. Regional Pilot Community Program
This program is focused on attracting businesspersons from around the world to establish businesses in the regional communities or rural areas of British Columbia.
- The applicant must be nominated by a regional community.
- The applicant must have net assets of at least CD$300,000.
- The applicant must make an investment of CD$100,000 in the community that has nominated the applicant.
- The applicant must be actively involved in the business and spend 75% of his/her time in BC.
- The applicant must have a business experience of at least 3 years as a business owner or 4 years of experience as a senior manager.
- The applicant must have post-secondary education from a licensed post-secondary institute or have experience as an active business owner with 100% ownership in the business.
- Language requirement – Applicants must have a score of CLB 4 (IELTS – L-4.5, R-3.5, W- 4.0, S-4.0) before being nominated by the British Columbia government