Canada Start Up Visa Program - PR with family - 5 Band in IELTS
Who can qualify for Canada Start Up visa program? – (Register for Webinar on Friday 9th, July 2021)
Applicants need to fulfil the following conditions in order to qualify under this program.
- Applicant must have new and innovative business idea. Based on your background, our management team in Canada may be in a position to assist you and come up with new and innovative business idea.
- No, education, age or qualification required
- The start-up must be incubated by a government approved designated incubation centre in Canada or has obtained funds amounting to CD$75,000 from an angel investor or has obtained funds amounting to CD$200,000 from a venture capital fund in Canada.
- Applicant must obtain at least a 5 band in IELTS English language test or an equivalent in French language test.
- Applicant must have enough money to settle in Canada(CD$24,000 for a family of 4).
Find your eligibility
Main features of the program:
- Up to 5 founders of the Start-Up can apply for immigrant visa of Canada.
- There is no need to make any investment.
- Spouse and dependent children under 22 years of age can be included in the same application.
- The Start-Up could be entitled to various government grants and subsidies once the business is established in Canada.
- Processing time is generally 6-8 months but applicant can apply for a work permit if required.
- Founders of the Start-Up are required to pitch their ideas to either a government designated incubation centre or an angel investor or a venture capital fund. A detailed business plan and presentation is necessary to apply to these designated entities.
- Upon approval, either of the aforementioned entities will provide an approval letter known as ‘Letter of Support’.
- With this ‘Letter of Support’, applicants can apply directly to the Federal Government for permanent residency visa of Canada.
- On clearing the mandatory medical examination, final immigrant visas will be issued to applicant’s spouse and children under 22 years of age.
- On receiving immigrant visa of Canada, the Start-Up founder can apply for citizenship of Canada with family after a period of three years provided they meet the residency requirements.
General immigration requirements:
- Age of children must be 22 years or less.
- To maintain permanent residency of Canada, applicant must stay for at least 730 days in four years in Canada.
- To apply for citizenship of Canada, applicant must have lived in Canada as a permanent resident for 3 years out of 4 years.
- After receiving citizenship of Canada, applicant can apply for E1 or E2 business visa of USA.
- Parents and siblings under the age of 22 years can be sponsored to Canada.