Curaçao Residence InvestmentPermit Program- Your pathway to residence and Dutch (Netherlands) Citizenship
Global citizens worldwide share a common purpose; the desire for visa-free travel to stable and free countries, financial security, privacy, and family safety. This is where residency and citizenship planning come in. Known as Residency by Invest mentor Investor Permit Program,this Curaçao government initiative grants qualifying applicants and family members residency with a pathway to citizenship in exchange for an investment in the nation’s prosperity. While a handful of programs adopt variations of this concept, the Curaçao Residence Investment Permit Program is undoubtedly unique. In exchange for foreign direct investment, foreign investors can realize the benefits of a residency program with a pathway to The Kingdom of Netherlands (a member state of European Union – “EU”)citizenship.
What is Curaçao Citizenship by Investment?
Revitalized in 2021 by the Government of Curaçao, the Curaçao Residence Investment Permi Program permits eligible applicants to receive residence permits in the nation. After five years, applicants can apply for Dutch (EU citizenship).Investors can gain residency on a beautiful, tranquil Caribbean Island. They can also obtain a Dutch passport in five years should they seek Citizenship
Curaçao is a Dutch Caribbean autonomous country that forms part of the Dutch Kingdom (aka “The Kingdom of Netherlands”).In other words, it’s a country within the Dutch Kingdom situated in the Southern Caribbean, just off the coast of Venezuela. The island enjoys a bund ant beauty, and while graced with palm trees, calm waters, and endless sunshine, the true gem of this nation lies with the local population. The capital of Curaçao, Willemstad, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Dutch, Papiamentu, English, and Spanish are widely spoken, with certain communities also speaking French and Portuguese.
This, along with a skilled and friendly local population, means that international investor scan easily set up their businesses on the island or decide to settle down here. Since the island nation is located between Latin America and Central America, it’s strategically convenient for investors looking into establishing a distribution center that bridges South, Central, and North America with the European Union.
To obtain a residence permit, high networth investors must meet the following criteria.
- Have sufficient financial resources to invest and have the adequate means to support your self as a resident in Curaçao
- Have a clean criminal record and possess good behavior
- Possess private health insurance policy
- Have a general interest in Curaçao
- Provide proof that a minimum investment in a qualified asset was made legitimately
Qualified Investment Options
- Acquire real estate–You can buy the local property and get a residence permit as an investor.
- Make a business investment– Incorporate or buy shares in a locally operating company where the company runs a business (there must be at least one local director and local financial administration to qualify as a business).
- Obtain securities – You must invest in a company listed on the Dutch Caribbean Securities Exchange (DCSX). The issuer of the securities can be a local company or a foreign entity. The local substance must be proved (at least oneregionaldirectororlegalrepresentative,operationalcosts,andlocal financial administration).Curaçao International Holdings (CIH) is the approved security for investment through the DCSX. “Recommended”
- Split Investment–You may split your investment among the three available options. For example, you can purchase real estate for a partial amount and invest the balance in a DCS X traded security.
- Three-year renewable residence permit for a minimum investment of USD $280,000
- Five-year renewable residence permit for a minimum of USD $425,000
- Indefinite residence permit for a minimum investment of USD $850,00
Find your eligibility
Entry requirements to the program are highly flexible. All that’s required is to prove you have enough funds to invest, have a clean criminal record, and possess private health insurance
Physical Presence Requirements in Curaçao
For Residency, the physical requirement is one day per year.
For Citizenship, the physical requirement is 9 months per year spent in The Kingdom of the Netherlands, with a minimum of 4 months spent in Curaçao.