Canada – Quebec Investor Program:
To be eligible for this program, you must:
- have, alone or with your accompanying spouse, including de facto spouse, net assets of at least $1,600,000 CD obtained legally. Money / assets received by inheritance or donation or gift can be included in making the total of $ 1,600,000 CD in net assets.
- have management experience in :-
- A legal farming, commercial or industrial business, or
- A legal professional business (doctor, lawyer, engineer, etc.) where the staff, excluding the investor, occupies at least the equivalent of two full-time jobs or
- An international agency or the government or one of its departments or agencies.
You must have management experience for at least two years in the last five years from the day you file your application.
- You must invest $ 800,000 CD in a government bond for a period of five years at no interest. We can arrange for a loan of $800,000 CD and you will be required to pay only an interest of $200,000 CD on this loan on passing your immigration interview.
- There is no language requirement
- No requirement to start a business in Quebec.
Steps involved in the immigration process:
- Once our services are hired, we process and prepare the application.
- Once the application is reviewed and approved by the bank (which is going to loan the applicant the requisite amount of $800,000 CD), it will be submitted to a Quebec visa office outside Canada with all supporting documentation.
- A file number is received from the visa office in about 8 weeks time. The visa office may also request the applicant to submit certain additional/missing documents and/or information.
- Once the processing of the application is completed, the applicant is called for an immigration interview. The processing time can vary from 8-12 months, depending on each individual visa office.
- After the applicant passes the interview, he/she is given a letter that states that file ia approved and he/she has to make an investment in Quebec ($800,000 CD without loan or 120,000-180,000 CD with loan) within 110 days.
- On making the investment, an approval document, known as CSQ (Certificate of Selection of Quebec) is issued to the applicant.
- After this, a new application has to be submitted – with all supporting documents, visa fees and police clearance certificates, to the Canadian visa office in or nearest to the country of residence of the investor.
- New file number is received from the Canadian visa office in 8-10 weeks time.
- Once the application is processed, medical examination forms are received for the investor and all his dependents. This medical examination has to be completed within 90 days.
- Once the medical and security clearance is complete, a request for passports is received in order to stamp the permanent immigrant visa.
- The applicant is then required to travel to Quebec and land as an immigrant. He/She then applies for PR/Maple Card, Medical Insurance Card and Social Insurance Card. The applicant is eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship after three years of stay in Canada.
To maintain your PR, you need to stay for 2 years within a block of 5 years in Canada.
To receive citizenship, you need to stay for a period of 3 years in a block of 4 years in Canada.
Once they become landed immigrants, each family member needs to maintain his/her PR status.